FRAME Tech 2021 (online): the call for applications is open!
What is FRAME?
Since 2010, INA organised the annual training programme FRAME in partnership with FIAT/IFTA (International Federation of Television Archives) and EBU Academy (European Broadcasting Union). FRAME is a co-funded by the Creative Europe – MEDIA programme of the European Union. The FRAME training programme consists in 3 sessions per year, which cover each step of the audiovisual archival content management.
FRAME Tech 2021
Frame Tech training program
After a single FRAME 2020 session dedicated to the management of audiovisual archives under exceptional circumstances and a first FRAME Access session in June 2021, the FRAME Tech 2021 training course is now also adapting to the sanitary context. For the first time, it will be held online as a 6 half-days training, from 17 to 24 November.
Every year, new techniques and technologies emerge in the field of audiovisual archiving, and new issues and challenges arise. For the 12th consecutive year, FRAME Tech will enable participants to improve their essential technical knowledge of audiovisual archives while addressing the most recent challenges:
- How to technically take into account the new uses and the increasing number of audiovisual file formats?
- What are the challenges for quality control in a context of massive digitisation and native digital production?
- How to store and manage an ever-growing volume of data?
- How Open Source tools can contribute to the sustainability of audiovisual collections?
- What's new in image and sound digitisation and restoration?
Renowned professionals from various international institutions will answer these and many other questions through a variety of pedagogical methods: case studies, lectures, experience feedbacks, interactive workshops, etc.
Among FRAME Tech 2021 speakers:
- Brecht Declercq: FIAT/IFTA President and Digitization and Acquisition at meemoo - Vlaams instituut voor het archief
- Brice Amouroux: Deputy Head of Technologies Department at INA - Institut national de l'audiovisuel
- Peter Bubestinger: Founder and CEO of AV-RD Audiovisual Research & Development
- Jerome Martinez: Digital Media Analysis Specialist & Founder and President of Media Area
- Joanna White: Collections and information developer at BFI - British Film Institute
Invited institution: RTS – Radio Television Suisse
In the FRAME Tech 2021 Programme
- Technical workflow for archiving;
- Digitisation and file formats
- Define and choose a storage solution
- Media Asset Management system: the right questions to consider
- Open source tools and format for AV archives
Beyond the programme, exchanges and professional networking, essential components of FRAME, will also be at the core of this session, with many opportunities for exchange and sharing of experience: question and answer sessions, sharing of resources, presentations of participants' institutions and infrastructures, dedicated time for interactions between participants to strengthen their links and their network, etc.
This will make this first FRAME Tech online session a real moment of exchange between professionals and an accelerator for the development of your skills and your projects.
To join the FRAME community and participate in this session, you can apply now!
FRAME Tech objectives:
- Present and promote innovative and inspiring projects, examples and models of preservation, digitization and restoration of audiovisual archives
- Gather European and international professionals working in the cultural industries and media areas, to develop and strengthen this professional community
- Enable peer-exchange, solutions, best practices and experience sharing between speakers and participants
- Build a common language and shared professional practices
Who can attend to FRAME Tech ?
FRAME is dedicated to European and international professionals working for the preservation, management and access to audiovisual archives. Professionals from all areas are welcome whether their experience, level of expertise and field of activity. They can work for broadcasters, film archives, galleries, libraries, museums, patrimonial institutions, production companies, etc.
When and where?
The training session will take place online.
Dates: 17-19th and 22-24th November 2021
The tuition fee covers the costs of the training organisation, the creation of the training programme and the speakers' fees.
Full rate: 500 € per participant
Scholarship rate: 300 € per participant
Based on the European Commission rules, applicants from the following countries are eligible to request for a scholarship: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.
3 scholarships are available.
The selection of participants is made based on the profile of the applicants, their professional project and motivation to attend the training session. 17 applicants will be selected and notified by email.
How to apply?
To apply to FRAME Tech 2021, you have to fill out the form, in order to present your professional and training background, your professional project, the reasons why you would like to attend the training session. The request for a scholarship must also be done through the form.
The call for applications is open until 23 October 2021 (20 October 2021 to apply for a scholarship); once the selection process done, you will be notify by email whether your application has been selected or not.
Questions and request for more information : email@example.com