What is FRAME ?
Since 2010, INA organised the annual training programme FRAME in partnership with FIAT/IFTA (International Federation of Television Archives) and EBU Academy (European Broadcasting Union). FRAME is a co-funded by the Creative Europe – MEDIA programme of the European Union.
The public :
FRAME is dedicated to the international community of professionals working in the field of audiovisual archives. The training sessions are designed for professionals involved in the management and use of archives whatever their level of knowledge and competencies, whether for media organizations, broadcasters, cinematheques, patrimonial institutions, production companies, etc.
FRAME consists in 3 sessions per year, which cover each step of the audiovisual archival content management process:
- FRAME Tech is a one-week training session, dealing with the preservation of digital archives, digitization of old analog archives, media and storage management
- FRAME Expert, is 1/2 day thematic workshop organized during the FIAT/IFTA international Conference, and aiming in priority the top managers
- FRAME Access is a one-week training session, dealing with rights management, documentation, cataloguing and promotion of archive contents toward various audiences.
Project Partners :
Programme Partners :
The courses and workshops are delivered in English by recognized European and international audiovisual archives and digital media experts.
Each year, the training programme is updated to match with current technical and technological evolutions in the sector and to correspond to professionals’ expectations and needs. To do so, it is defined by a pedagogical committee, with members of INA, FRAME’s partners FIAT/IFTA and EBU Academy, and associated partners, meemoo (Belgium) and the Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid (Netherlands).
Since 2017, one the two one-week session is organized in a European partner institution premises:
2017, FRAME Access: Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid (Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision)
2018, FRAME Access : Raidió Teilifís Éireann – RTÉ (Radio Television of Ireland)
2019, FRAME Access : Televiziunea Româna – TVR (Public Television of Romania)
FRAME objectives are to:
- Develop and strengthen the community of European and international professionals working in the audiovisual archive fields
- Update and develop the professionals’ competencies and knowledge all along their career
- Present and promote inspiring projects, examples and best practices
- Give an overview of latest practices and evolutions of the sector
- Build a common language and shared professional practices
To participate :
The registration to FRAME is made through a call for applications, open from:
- February to April for FRAME Tech
- May to September for FRAME Access
The attendance to the FRAME Expert workshop is open to all FIAT/IFTA annual World Conference participants.
Once the calls for applications are closed and the selection made, the selected FRAME participants are informed by email.
To be informed about the call for applications:
Registration to the newsletter
Contact us :