Formation Leading a participative archive project
Be able to:
- set up and run participative archive projects with all kinds of documents or archives, digitised or analogue (text, stills, filmed images).
- recruit, involve and motivate users.
- identify benefits for the organisation or cultural institution.
Archives and participative Web: context (crowdsourcing, social metadata, collaborative archives, participative archives), stakes, state-of-the-art developments.
Participative archive strategy: what objectives?
- the perimeter, the partners, the means, technical choices (tools),
- legal aspects, guaranteeing the quality of the data and integrating them to ensure better research results,
- involving and motivating the user contributors (community management),
- communicating effectively internally and externally.
Archivists, audiovisual researchers, librarians, archive project directors.
Specialists of participative archive projects.
Case studies using written documents, photographs and audiovisual archives.
• Finding the right questions to ask, methods to set up.
• Review of existing projects.
• Keys to implicate users.