Formation MPEG-4 AVC (H.264): coding for broadcasts
Be able to:
- understand this standard technology,
- identify the stakes of MPEG-4 AVC for audiovisual production.
- highlight improvements brought about by MPEG-4 AVC.
Review of HD parameters.
Review of MPEG compression principles.
Basics in MPEG part 2 coding.
MPEG-4 AVC (H264) video coding: - main changes.
Introduction to SVC (Scalable Video Coding) and MVC coding.
Introduction to HEVC (H264) coding.
Creating files and comparisons.
Setting up an AVC coder and assessing its performance.
ACC and Dolby D (AC3) sound coding for HD broadcasting.
Broadcasting with Transport Stream (DVB-S and DVB-T).
Blu-Ray disc distribution.
Technicians, technical managers, engineers.
Good prior knowledge of MPEG-2.
Audiovisual compression specialists, MPEG video transport specialists.
Practical hands-on exercises: 40%.
• In depth technical training on MPEG-4 coding applied to TV broadcasts.
• Practical hands-on exercises in pairs.