Formation Carrying out multicam filming in studios
Be able to:
- understand basic notions in multicam directing,
- use a vision mixer,
- overview main types of multicams.
Principles behind vision mixers.
The audiovisual language.
Overview of technical fundamentals, set up of a video studio.
Using a vision mixer.
Talk-back circuits: - method, process and management.
Managing a technical team.
Recording live debates: - 3-5 participants.
Introduction to cue sheets: - recording a fiction.
Beginner or experienced directors, technical-artistic audiovisual professionals wishing to shoot video programmes in multicam studios.
Film directors, scripts.
Course given in a real TV studio.
Includes challenging exercises and activities:
- managing teams and thetalk-back circuit.
Participants take it in turn to try out different workstations:
- cameras, sound consoles, vision mixers, character generator.
A team of operational technicians available to assist participants.
• Directing multicams in professional conditions.
• Fine balance of theory and practical applications.
• Rapid progression ensured.