Formation Video file formats: from production to multi-platform broadcasts
Be able to:
- understand different video file codecs and formats,
- choose formats adapted to different broadcast and distribution means,
- understand inter-operability issues.
Overview of different broadcast means (linear and on-demand).
Definition and characteristics of source formats (uncompressed).
Definition and characteristics of container formats (wrappers): AVI, QuickTime, MXF, etc.
Converting source and container formats.
Effects on quality after conversion.
Overview of tools.
Any person involved in PAD validation processes and VOD distribution and formatting, DVB broadcast, tablets, mobile phones, Internet, etc.
Prior knowledge of SD and HD digital video.
Digital video specialists. IT specialists specialised in the audiovisual field.
Theoretical content and practical hands-on activities.
• Overview of current video file formats in use.
• Technical data to understand in this dematerialised and multiscreen environment.