Formation Using audio and video compression
Be able to:
- make the right codec choices according to technical environments from production to broadcast.
- choose the right parameters.
Review of digital standards in baseband in sound and video and their output.
Compression technologies: video: movement estimation, DCT, quantifying, entropic coding, - in sound: - coding.
JPEG, MPEG-4 AVC, JPEG2000, HEVC.
Psycho-acoustic tests and comparative listening.
Qualitative comparisons of video.
Comparing and interpreting results according to chosen parameters: output, source formats, GOP size and nature, pre-treatment, etc.
Sound signals, influence of parameters, comparing codecs (MP3, AAC, HE-AAC).
Sound and video broadcasting on the Web: downloading, streaming.
Technicians, technical supervisors and engineers, multimedia and Internet project managers.
Basic know-how of non-compressed digital sound and video signals.
Specialists in digital sound and video technology as well as signal treatment.
Half theoretical classes.
Half practical exercises.
• Compression practice throughout course to consolidate theoretical contributions.
• Course facilitated by sound and video compression specialists.
• Gain a real understanding of the main encoder parameters.