Formation Understanding the new digital economic models
Be able to:
- understand how to monetise content offers in digital environments,
- identify major current and emerging trends as well as sources of funding for new projects.
1. New trends in content use.
Overview of new users.
Increase of online advertising.
2. Major economic models for the digital world: Web/mobile screens/social networks/new screens (connected TV, IPTV, second screen).
The dominant model: free access financed by advertising:
- different formats and fees, most profitable formats,
- the Google/YouTube ecosystem.
The paying model:
- VoD and S-VoD, major players of the sector,
- monetisation via applications.
The hybrid 'Freemium' model:
- how to set up and run a Freemium model,
- examples of types of services.
3. How to monetise your content offer in the digital environment.
Pricing, levels of revenue and sharing revenues with distributors, "long tail" principle.
Virtuous strategies to adopt: - distribution (the cross-media model), data exploitation, diversification...
Case study of a monetised offer.
4. Focus on new scriptwriting: - sources of funding.
Public funding: - CNC, SACD and SCAM (French professional guilds and institutes), regional and European subsidies.
Private funding: - grants, foundations, brands.
Alternative Web-based funding.
Case studies: financing plan for new content.
Production, marketing, strategic or change professionals.
New economy and new media specialist.
Presentations, concrete examples, feedback, analysing economic models.
• Two days to understand monetisation levers and how to fund content in a digital economy.
• First-hand case studies and analysis of major economic models.