Formation Researching, assessing and checking information on the Web
Be able to:
- use a professional Web-based research method.
- find and validate information and images.
- set up informational watch tools adapted to your needs.
Reliable Internet research conditions.
Overview of research tools.
Google's advanced functions.
Online documentary offer.
- principles, strategy, detecting and selecting pertinent sources,
- assessing information on the Internet:
- elaborating a personal evaluation grid,
- improve research results with Pocket, Evernote...
Image sourcing: authenticating images, checking information: software and tools to check images, technical metadata in images, observing images properly.
Keeping a watch on information: defining needs and goals,
- defining surveillance thematics and a plan,
- Web 2,0 tools for content watch and curation,
- sharing your watch (tools and sharing).
Audiovisual researchers, archivists, all information professionals.
Regular use of the Internet.
Documentation professional, expert in information research. Image verification expert. Watch specialist.
Many research exercises.
Image analysis activities.
• A professional method to optimise your research and find reliable information.
• Techniques to help assess information and authenticate images.
• Methods and tools to set up information watch.