Formation Making a short fiction film
Be able to:
- understand the fundamentals in dramatic film-making,
- understand all the steps in making a short fiction film and their relative importance,
- look at the rules and conventions around audiovisual scriptwriting.
General facts and discussions around dramatic film-making.
Uses and conventions in scriptwriting.
Procedures and methods when making a dramatic film.
Working with others: tips.
The steps of scriptwriting: the pitch, the synopsis, dialogue continuity and rewriting.
Shooting script, preparation, location scouting, repeats.
Film directing and its esthetic dimension.
Basic notions of staging: actors' position and movements.
Lighting a scene: low-key, spotlight, backlighting, day, night...
Artistic direction: decors, costumes, accessories, make-up.
Post-production stages: editing.
Soundtrack: synchronous elements, atmospheres, music, sound effects.
Directors, assistant directors, camera operators, editors, scripts wishing to approach mono-camera drama.
Director, camerapeople, editors.
Theoretical lessons, presentations, viewings and hands-on activities.
Conception, writing and filming of a short dramatic fiction film in groups.
• Screenwriting from preparation to post-production without omitting the shooting stage.
• Professional trainers with first-hand experience.
• Practical applications.