Formation Digital audio techniques: Fundamentals and practical applications
Be able to:
- use a digital sound studio,
- understand and follow different standards,
- identify digital sound errors.
Review of analogue sound signals.
Digitising signals thanks to adapted software.
Converting sampling frequencies, dither, noise shaping.
Measuring levels: VU, PPM, dBFS, LU, Loudness, sample peak and true peak functions.
Reducing throughput: G.711, G722, MPEG, MP3, AAC, AC3, etc.
Synchronising, metrology: eye diagramme and jitter.
AES/UER, S/PDIF, Adat, Madi, Dante™, AVB interfaces: standards and choices.
Sound and IT: installing drivers, - file and container formats.
AES42 and digital Neumann microphones.
Dolby E coding.
Controlling digital sound quality.
Sound engineers and technicians, maintenance technicians and technical managers.
Know how to use sound systems.
Digital sound frequency specialists.
Practical hands-on activities to highlight training content.
Presentations and technical demonstrations.
• Overview of digital sound techniques.
• Practical hands-on activities: installing a digital sound studio.
• Using Dante™ on a local network.