The research carried out by Ina EXPERT is involved in all subjects related to images and sounds and in the practice of the professionals of the audiovisual field and of archiving.
It is therefore at the crossroads between technological sciences, and human and social sciences. The research carried out by Ina SUP explores the world of content in all stages of its lifecycle and in all contexts of use:
- digital preservation, backing up, restoring, content tracking (technological sciences),
- audiovisual and digital archiving (human and social sciences)
- documentary engineering, analysis and extraction of descriptors, indexing and information research (technological sciences),
- visual semiotics and rhetoric (human and social sciences)
Use and publication of content
- human-machine interfaces, consulting tools, publication (technological sciences),
- production arts and sciences (human and social sciences).
Representation and data mining.
These four research topics involve many overlapping and transversal themes, notably in the area of data presentation and mining.
The research carried out also explores a number of areas such as the skills associated with the different industries that are involved in formulating and adding value to content, academic research resulting in breakthroughs, and technological innovation leading to the development of new tools for visual and media activities.